Background / Description
The company owns a number of overseas land based open air aquaculture systems with seawater flow-through systems. They breed high quality abalone in their land based farms that are sited near coastal regions in Asia.
The farm breeds the abalone in water tanks measuring 8m x 3m x 1,5m (length x breadth x height). Typically, each tank contains water that are 1m deep. The seawater is drawn through beach wells and processed before distribution to the tanks. The farms recycled the used seawater back into the system.
Company is seeking innovative recirculating aquaculture systems that can include technologies such as anammox (ANaerobic AMMonium Oxidation) or highly energy efficient BOD reduction solutions such as Membrane Aerated Biological Filters. Complementary technologies such as chemical free disinfection technologies are also welcome.
- Tank physical dimentions : 8m x 3m x 1.5m (LxBXH)
- Each tank is filled up to 1.5m deep with pre-filtered flowing sea water.
- There approximately 50 - 100 tanks in each farm.
- Feed seawater is typically drawn from beach wells but variation in water quality will vary between farm locations.
- The system needs to be able to be operate in the presence of salt fog and sea water.
- The system needs to be able to operate in the open. It has to account for possible interference from sunlight and changing lighting conditions.
- Solution would be used for mainly BOD and ammonia removal from the used seawater for reuse.
- System should be able to handle algal blooms during seasonal periods.
- System should be able to handle seasonal changes in water characteristics.
- Solution would need able to maintain water quality of parameters such as pH 7-8, DO at 8 ppm, and temperature below 24 deg cel.
- System optimally should be wireless and capable of relaying information back to Singapore HQ automatically.
Preferred Business Model
- R&D Collaboration
- IP Acquisition
- Business Collaboration (Joint Venture, Distribution)
Make an Enquiry