Background / Description
The company owns a number of overseas land based open air aquaculture systems with seawater flow-through systems. They breed high quality abalone in their land based farms that are sited near coastal regions in Asia. They are seeking for low cost, long term and large scale deployment of large scale deployment multi parameters water monitoring solution.
The farm breeds the abalone in water tanks measuring 8m x 3m x 1,5m (length x breadth x height). Typically, each tank contains water that are 1m deep. The seawater is drawn through beach wells and processed before distribution to the tanks. The farms recycled the used seawater back into the system.
The current overseas farm currently utilizes manual grab sampling method using a handheld multi-sensor. The data is manually collected from all the farms and send back to its HQ.
- Targeted water parameters : ph, DO (ppm), DO %, salinity, temp, NH3 and NH4
- Tank physical dimentions : 8m x 3m x 1.5m (LxBXH)
- Each tank is filled up to 1.5m deep with pre-filtered flowing sea water.
- There approximately 50 - 100 tanks in each farm.
- The system needs to be able to be operate in the presence of salt fog and sea water.
- The system needs to be able to operate in the open. It has to account for possible interference from sunlight and changing lighting conditions.
- Solution should be near real time monitoring system
- Cost effective for large scale deployment. Currently there are 3 sampling points for each flow through system. Total number of sampling points should be more than 500 points.
- System optimally should be wireless and capable of relaying information back to Singapore HQ automatically.
Preferred Business Model
- IP Acquisition
- Business Collaboration (Joint Venture, Distribution)
Make an Enquiry