Surveillance or/and safe-neutralization of rogue drones in an urban setting
Note: This call is closed
The rapid proliferation of drones is bringing about unprecedented threats to safety and security worldwide, from drones used for terrorism-related activities in Middle East to drone sightings in airports. The threat is further exacerbated by emerging technologies such as drones that are not controlled by radio frequency links and swarm technologies. Urban environments such as Singapore also face unique challenges such as dense populations and cluttered environment, which restrict the applicability and effectiveness of various counter-drone technologies.
The counter-drone market is expected to grow from US$ 500 million in 2018 to US$ 2.3 billion by 2024. Particularly, the Asia-Pacific market is poised to be the fastest growing geographical region. Many organizations in the region such as SAF, Singapore Police and Changi Airport are actively looking for counter-drone measures to safeguard their operations and businesses.
Both the drone threat and counter-drone industry are developing rapidly. The proposed solutions should be novel, potentially game-changing and address one or more key challenges in countering rogue drones in urban settings, such as:
- Drones not controlled by RF control link/inputs
- Swarm technologies
- Safe takedown/neutralization
Conventional performance parameters will also be taken into account, such as:
- Cost & scalability
- Accuracy & speed
- Safety/collateral damage
- The objective of this innovation call is to seek solution for surveillance and/or neutralization of rouge drone in an urban setting.
- Interested solution providers are first required to submit a proposal for their solution (either surveillance or/and neutralization).
- Accepted teams will then further develop or refine their solutions for the next 6-12 months. Thereafter, they will demonstrate their solutions to perform either surveillance or/and neutralization of rogue drones in unknown scenarios.
- Teams may be invited to participate in actual deployment projects after the challenge.
Maximum duration of project should not exceed 1 year.
Proposal Submission Instructions
Please complete the Submission Template PowerPoint as detailed as possible (download from https://gov-pact.ipi-singapore.org/grant-call/dsta-innovation-call-seek-solutions-surveillance-orand-safe-neutralization-rogue-drones).
Click on “APPLY” button in this challenge page and fill in the required fields. The completed PowerPoint and any documents to support your proposal should be attached in the form.
If you want to come back and work on your application later, choose “Draft” in Change Proposal Workflow state and click the Publish button.
When you are ready to submit your application, chose “Submit for review” in Change Proposal Workflow state field and click the Publish button (if previously not publish) or the Save buttion (if previously published).
You will receive a confirmation email once you have successfully submitted.
Note: If you encounter problem in your proposal submission, you can email your proposal to [email protected]
DSTA-ESG INNOVATION CALL TO SEEK SOLUTIONS FOR SURVEILLANCE OR/AND SAFE-NEUTRALIZATION OF ROGUE DRONES IN AN URBAN SETTING
Proposal submissions are open from 1 Apr 2019 10:00AM to 15 Apr 2020 12:00AM