The Abu Dhabi-Singapore Smart Cities Open Innovation Challenge, co-organised by Enterprise Singapore (ESG), Abu Dhabi Investment Office (ADIO) and IPI, was launched on 6 May 2021. The challenge provides new opportunities for innovative start-ups and SMEs in Singapore to partner the Abu Dhabi City government and leading corporates to co-develop and pilot scalable solutions that create more liveable and sustainable urban spaces for the region.
The challenge sponsors, Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC), the Department of Municipalities and Transport (DMT) and Masdar, have identified six smart city challenge statements and are seeking solutions in the following areas:
- New Energy Efficiency Solutions for Buildings
- Real-time Data Collection, Analysis and Notification Solutions for Emergency Response and Maintenance Systems
- New Energy Efficiency and Smart City Solutions for Street Lighting
- Solutions from Sustainable Energy Sources to Power Up Recreational Facilities
- Smart Street Lighting Solutions for Public Engagement and Data Capturing
- Solutions to Enhance Comfort and Provide Refuge against Severe Outdoor Climatic Conditions in Abu Dhabi
Companies that are looking to take their smart city solution beyond Singapore can visit the official website https://adsjic.innovation-challenge.sg/ for more information and register for the challenge briefing on 10 June, 2.00 pm (GMT +8).