A/Prof Tam Nguyen is the Deputy Director of Research at St Vincent's Hospital Melbourne responsible for research strategy, research development and innovation. He leads a dynamic team dedicated to providing strategic and innovative solutions to facilitate health and medical research. A/Prof Tam has over 20 years of experience in the healthcare, health and medical research and research management sector including tertiary teaching hospitals, medical research institutes and universities across Australia. He has a wealth of experience in the management and conducting of clinical trials for pharmaceutical drugs, medical devices and digital health.
A/Prof Tam serves as non-executive director on various NFP, healthcare and aged care boards providing his broad range of expertise including strategy, governance, and sector specific in health and medical research. He also advises numerous medtech and health tech start-ups on their overall strategies, clinical trials strategies, project management and execution.
He is a regular invited speaker on a broad range of topics including: Research Strategy, Industry Collaboration; Research Ethics & Governance; Digital Health, AI & Machine Learning in healthcare and in the clinical trials sector in general. He chairs and moderates and sit on program committee at numerous national and international conferences.
Conducted industry sponsored or commercial clinical trials of healthcare innovations:
- Medical Devices - From first-in-man studies to pivotal studies for Class IIb, III and active implantable medical devices and Class 3 and 4 IVDs for TGA and CE classification
- IVDs - For Class 3 and 4 IVDs for TGA classification and Class C and D IVDs for CE classification
- Software as a Medical Device - From clinical validation to post-approval studies
- Pharmaceutical Drugs - From Phase I to Phase III studies
- Healthcare - Test & Verification/Clinical Trials