Dr Olivier Lefebvre is Assistant Professor in the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering at National University of Singapore (NUS). He specialises in electrochemical technologies, advanced oxidation processes, industrial wastewater treatment, water reuse and technology transfer.
He is also Adjunct Professor at the Research Institute of Mines and Environment of the University of Quebec in Abitibi-Témiscamingue (UQAT) and a management committee member of the specialist group on water reuse, within the International Water Association. He has helped many companies in the pharmaceutical and semiconductor industry deal with hard to treat industrial wastewaters.
An agronomic engineer by formation, Olivier obtained his PhD from Supagro Montpellier in 2005, on a collaborative work between Narbonne Laboratory of the French National Research Institute for Agricultural Research (INRA) and Anna University in Chennai, India.
As part of an industry collaboration project with a local SME, Dr Lefebvre has developed an Electrochemical Advanced Oxidation Process that generates the purification reagent (hydroxyl radical) within the waste itself without the need to add external chemicals:
- Effective for the removal of refractory organic pollutants (e.g., double bonds, aromatic, etc.)
- Durable, scalable and affordable patented electrodes
- Technology tested successfully at bench-scale with real wastewater
- Technology successfully developed with a NRF POC grant and a Technology Acceleration Programme
- Environment - Product Design & Development, Test & Verification/Clinical Trials, Process/Industrial Engineering