Dr Ong Mei Horng is currently Adjunct Professor for the Food Science, Technology Department at NUS, and supporting the IPI Innovation Advisors Programme as a freelance consultant/mentor for Food & Beverage MNC, start-ups and SMEs. She has over 28 years of FMCG industry experience and know-how, having worked in food and beverage companies like Nestlé, Mars, Cadbury, F&N and Vitasoy, in Europe, Oceania and Asia.
Dr Ong is also a certified Smart Industry Readiness Index (SIRI) assessor for digital and advanced manufacturing. Prior to this, she was the Director in the FMCG Cluster at Advanced Remanufacturing and Technology Centre and led in the development and implementation of A*STAR's R&D strategies. She developed the FMCG membership consortium ecosystem with local and global companies to facilitate public-private partnerships in Advanced Manufacturing and Engineering. She was also the principal investigator responsible for designing and curating the world's first Next Generation Hyper-Personalisation Line for Future of Manufacturing (FoM) to offer Industry 4.0, digital, automated and intelligent systems for the food sector.
She was Chief Scientific Officer of F&N Ltd, where she focused on R&D and Manufacturing strategies by building R&D/Technical Teams, delivering innovative and sustainable products/services and developing advanced processing, affordable, quality, health and technology platforms. As a recognition for her contribution for food research and industries, Dr Ong was elected as a council member for Singapore Institute of Food Science and Technology 42nd Council in June 2018. She was an active member of the Singapore Standard Development.
Led and developed corporate R&D and technical group in:
- Product, process and technology innovation
- Recipe/technical IP management
- New/improved product, packaging, science, technology development
- Nutrition and health science research, communication and training
- Sustainable sourcing and qualification of new ingredients and additives
- Manufacturing, cost saving and value creation technical services
- Food safety quality and regulatory compliance
- Foods - Product Design & Development, Test & Verification/Clinical Trials, Process/Industrial Engineering, Certification/Regulatory Compliance
Principal investigator responsible for designing and curating world's first Next Generation Hyper - Personalisation Line for Future of Manufacturing (FoM) to offer Industrial 4.0, digital, automated and intelligent systems for food sector.
- Foods - Process/Industrial Engineering
- Manufacturing - Process/Industrial Engineering, Product Design & Development