Evelina Gagarin is a seasoned food scientist with over 20 years of aggregate experience in food science and technology, scientific research, mentoring/teaching, food safety, regulation and assurance. She graduated with a Masters of Science in Food Science, with a major in Food Processing and a minor in Human Nutrition; as well as a Bachelor of Science in Food Technology, with a major in Dairy Technology and a minor in Meat Processing, both from the University of the Philippines at Los Banos.
Evelina held the position of a Product Development Manager in Food Empire Holdings, where she set up the product development laboratory, developed and managed innovations in the new product development for beverages and also frozen foods. She also conducted panelist training and led roundtable discussions on coffee and tea evaluation. She started the innovation of fried and baked snack food as well as non-dairy creamer from pilot plant trials to the manufacturing level.
As the primary Food Scientist in Performance Labs, Evelina developed and launched several nutritious powdered food and beverages such as health supplements; improved existing formula to suit the Asian palate; drafted and finalised protocols for clinical studies and/or sensory evaluation. She also tested the efficacies of functional ingredients on product formula, and drafted scientific write ups for new product ideation.
- Led the fermentation process from selection of benchmark samples and identifying the final sensory attributes
- Conducted the test and testing each stage till achieving the optimum fermentation process and attributes
- Chemicals - Product Design & Development
- Foods - Product Design & Development, Prototype Build, Test & Verification/Clinical Trials, Process/Industrial Engineering
- Formed the sensory evaluation team
- Designed and Implemented protocols for sensory evaluation
- Test run different types of methods for specific sensory analysis
- Foods - Product Design & Development, Prototype Build, Test & Verification/Clinical Trials