Tan Keng Hwee is a freelance manufacturing professional with 25 years of experience in the fibre transceiver and opto-electronic manufacturing industry. He has supported several local SMEs in their manufacturing operations of various electronics and robotics solutions.
Previously, he has held various engineering and engineering management roles in multi-national companies, and was also a strategic member in a fibre optics transceiver start-up. Keng Hwee has deep engineering knowledge of electronic assembly processes such as PCBAs, reflow, die attach, wire bond, SMT, encapsulation and trim form. He also has experience in R&D and NPI programme management, conceptualising designs of PCBs, lead frames, die-casts and sheet metals, bringing them from print to manufacturing. Keng Hwee has managed in-house manufacturing lines, as well as line transfers to contract manufacturers.
- Developed and proposed an overview of assembly line requirements for a local company for their robotic forklift project
- Studied and drafted production line requirements, including production output, shop floor control and information systems, sub-assembly process, main assembly process, facility, environmental health and safety
- Manufacturing - Process/Industrial Engineering
- Designed and implemented components assembly processes for 40G transceivers with parallel optics
- Created products variants through re-design of standard product
- Resolved mechanical shock and vibration reliability issues with evaluations and mechanical re-designs
- Manufacturing - Product Design & Development, Process/Industrial Engineering