Cheong Siah Chong has 31 years’ experience in product creation process, product costing, financial control and the running of manufacturing, design house and technology start-ups from the Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR). His company, MDesign Solutions, was a recipient of the President's Design Award 2009 for a medical device co-designed with Philips Design Singapore.
Siah Chong is also a mentor in PIER71, Vice President of the Singapore Industrial Automation Association, committee member of the IOT Asia programme and review panellist in the Diagnostic Development Hub. In addition, he is the Co-chair for Singapore International Robo Expo 2018 (SIRE).
Since 2014, he has been mentoring in NUS-Lean Launch Pad, Jump-start for seven seasons with eight teams from NUS, A*STAR and NTU. Siah Chong also has five patents filed under his name up till to date.
- Consumer electronics, including DVD home theater, portable DVD, television, mobile phone, Bluetooth headset, laser remote control
- Medical devices, including EBT, smart bed, portable blood pressure meter, medical data processor - WT300
- Computer peripherals, including docking station, monitor, wireless hard disk, 3D goggle, VOIP Qube
- Communication such as RFID tag
- Security such as PBT and door access system
- Domestic appliances, including LCD iron, water heater, power meter, e-display gaming, gaming mouse
- Manufacturing - Product Design & Development, Prototype Build, Test & Verification/Clinical Trials, Process/Industrial Engineering, Certification/Regulatory Compliance