Ho Sin Chuan has 30 years of experience in Engineering, Operation, Quality, Reliability, Management Systems and Customer Quality, including more than 20 years of corporate management and leadership experience.
In Seagate, he managed Process Engineering, Quality and Reliability departments, and has successfully launched and transferred products in various plants in Asia. He led cross functional teams in process engineering, quality, reliability, operations, supply chain, project/crisis management, as well as cross site inter-factory audits. He has led numerous cross site processes, automation and operations optimisation projects. He had successfully set up manufacturing operations in China, as well as a comprehensive product reliability and component qualification laboratory. He provided strategies to govern the operation of factories in Malaysia, Thailand and China.
In SFS Electrical Division, he managed Corporate Quality in the manufacturing of precision engineering parts, metal and plastic and its surface treatment, as well as System Quality and EH&S Management.
Sin Chuan deployed Lean Six Sigma and other problem solving methodologies to resolve and improve products and processes in the areas of automation, motor and mechanical parts assembly, actuator assembly, flex and PCB assembly, and server assembly. He also managed and participated both as sub system champion and internal auditor in various Quality System Certification throughout his career in Quality and Engineering.
- Designed and set up a laboratory in Suzhou China with various testing equipment, thermal chambers, acoustic chambers, shock and vibration testers, servers, etc. for a computer storage product
- Designed testers requirements and peripheral electrical, vibration and chill water requirements
- Manufacturing - Test & Verification/Clinical Trials
- Developed a product and process data mining process to predict quality and reliability issue and initiate upstream actions and improvement real time
- Established Critical to Quality (CTQ) failure modes and parameters from failure analysis and data mining
- Set up real time system to monitor these parameters to predict quality and reliability issue and initiate upstream actions and improvement real time
- Performed project gap analysis and problem flow chart via business excellence methodology, statistics concepts
- This was used in hard disk drive manufacturing where the assembly process and ultimate product quality are closely monitored and timely improvement implemented
- Manufacturing - Process/Industrial Engineering
- Led a team to upgrade a precision engineering company's China and Malaysia factories' ISO certification to the latest revision
- Manufacturing metal, plastic parts and lens parts, the required ISO certifications include: ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015, IATF 16949:2009, OHSAS 18001:2007 (Reviewing 45001), QC 080000:2012, EICC/RBA, BCM
- Reviewed criteria to revise system and perform internal audits, MR review and facilitated accredited assessments and certification audits.
- Manufacturing - Certification/Regulatory Compliance