This technology offer is a next generation, direct-to-satellite IoT technology platform that offers data transfer at mass scale, at low cost and long battery life for truly remote applications, on land or at sea, globally. Thanks to a direct-to-orbit nanosatellite network, there is no need for any additional terrestrial infrastructure like gateways to get IoT messages into space and back to Earth; all that is required is a sophisticated miniature transceiver module that can be integrated easily into any IoT device.
– Supports device mobility
– Scales to billions of devices
– Global coverage including polar and maritime regions
– Uplink 20 bytes user payload per message
– Supports future downlink availability
– AES-CBC-256, unique per-module keys
– Secure private identity
– Authenticated access
– Multiple passes per day per satellite
– 1 – 3 hour typical latency
– RESTful API with JSON
– Authenticated and encrypted
– Nanosatellite transceiver, UHF/VHF transmission, UHF reception
– Sophisticated power management
– Integrated microcontroller
– User accessible memory
– Edge computing platform
– Secure data transfer from sensor to cloud
– Multiple external interfaces supported
– Modem mode supports external host
This technology platform supports the development of innovative IoT applications for a wide range of industries, including maritime, environment, mining, agriculture, utilities, defence, transport and logistics and scientific studies, etc., especially where applications are deployed in remote regions with little or no existing communications infrastructure.
According to a forecast by ReThink Technology Research, the global market for IoT-focused satellite services will grow to USD 5.9 billion in 2025. By 2025, ReThink expects there to be some 30.3 million satellite IoT devices deployed globally, growing at a compound annual growth rate of just under 40%.