Coronary artery disease (CAD) is the leading cause of death worldwide. Computed Tomography Coronary Angiography (CTCA), as a non-invasive alternative to invasive catheterized coronary angiography, has emerged as a recommended first-line investigation for CAD. However, the current practice of generating reports involves a time-intensive process, with CT specialists spending 3-6 hours annotating scans. Furthermore, there is a lack of effective tools for analysing coronary calcium scores, stenosis severity, and plaque characterization.
APOLLO is a platform for CT data processing that provides a streamlined 'one-stop' solution spanning from diagnosis to clinical management and prognosis. Its key features include:
- AI-driven national platform for CTCA, catering to clinical, research, and industrial applications.
- Large, shareable, de-identified, Personal Data Protection Act-compliant real-world CT data.
- Precision toolkits for anonymization, coronary calcium scoring, epicardial adipose tissue (EAT), stenosis severity assessment, plaque quantification, CT fractional flow reserve (FFR), and reporting.
APOLLO’s highly automated features assist physicians in interpreting and synthesizing large volumes of CT data, while minimizing bias, increasing reproducibility, and providing numerical insights in a graphical manner. It offers a comprehensive ‘one-stop’ solution for diagnosis and clinical management of CAD.
The technology can be applied across various industries:
- Software as a clinical service for healthcare institutions: It provides comprehensive CAD assessment and personalized treatment as a software-as-a-service (SaaS) solution for healthcare institutions.
- Pharmaceuticals: It enables objective and quantitative measurement of the effectiveness of treatments.
- MedTech and digital health industry: By harnessing state-of-the-art technology and big data capabilities, it provides the development of customized foreground intellectual property, addressing the specific needs of individual companies.
- Local MedTech industry development: It offers tailored solutions designed specifically for small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) and startups, empowering them to compete globally, foster innovation in product development and services that align with market demands, and enhance patient care.
APOLLO provides a thorough evaluation of the coronary arteries using deep learning algorithms and patented post-processing technologies. It serves as a ‘one stop’ platform that spans from diagnosis to clinical management and prognosis, and aiding in predicting therapy response in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Superior diagnostic performance: The AI toolkits deliver exceptional accuracy, surpassing 90%, while processing the data within minutes. This remarkable speed is 20 times faster than the standard diagnostic and reporting process, enabling efficient and timely decision-making.
- Unparalleled big data repository: The platform houses the largest mixed Asian CAD registry, comprising 5,000 patients (n=3 million images). This vast collection contains a wealth of real-world imaging and non-imaging data, representing a unique and invaluable resource that is unmatched elsewhere.
- Trusted ground truth: Every CT scan has been meticulously annotated and quality-checked by SCCT-certified experts. This rigorous process ensures the accuracy and reliability of the data, establishing a safe and dependable foundation for clinical decision-making.