The Open Innovation Platform (OIP), an initiative by the Info-Communications Media Development Authority of Singapore (IMDA), aims to connect real business challenges to problem solvers.
TEHO Ropes & Supplies Pte Ltd is a well-established major provider of rigging, mooring, lifting and safety systems within the marine, offshore oil and gas, and construction industries. Headquartered in Singapore, TEHO Ropes has extended its operations to key maritime centres around the globe, including Europe, USA and Shanghai (with strong support from sister companies under TEHO Group).
TEHO Ropes & Supplies maintains almost 150,000 square feet of ropes, chains, synthetic sling and related fittings in inventory to ensure availability and facilitate a quick turnaround time. Offerings such as the design and fabrication of rope and chain products to specification, tensile testing, and rope analysis and optimisation further provide TEHO’s customers with convenience and quality assurance. From TEHO’s offices and warehouses in Singapore, Houston, Rotterdam and Shanghai, and logistics points in Dubai (UAE), Algeciras (Spain) and Panama, TEHO is able to reach customers in the world’s most important ports.
The current process from receiving a customer enquiry to providing a quotation is as follows:
This process is labour-intensive. TEHO is looking to explore options for automating the customer quotation process, taking into account the corresponding vessel’s specifications and journey pathway, in order to improve speed, accuracy and consistency. This would enable staff to focus on following up on quotations and building customer relationships in order to increase sales, in turn improving margins and market competitiveness.
How can we automate the process of providing quotations to customers, from capturing relevant customer requirements from enquiries to analysing and providing recommendations on the best product option available in stock based on the vessel’s specifications and journey?
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR
There are no restrictions on the geographical location of the problem solvers who may choose to apply to this challenge. However, the POC needs to be demonstrated in Singapore.
POSSIBLE USE CASE
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
30% of the prize money will be awarded to each selected finalist at the start of the POC, with the remainder 70% to be awarded during the POC, based on milestones agreed between TEHO and the solver.
Note that a finalist who is selected to undertake the POC will be required to enter into an agreement with TEHO that will include more detailed conditions pertaining to the POC.
We are open to global and Singapore-based individuals, research providers and companies that have digital technology expertise and innovation capabilities. Some of these include Info-Comm and Media (ICM) start-ups, SMEs and larger companies. Problem Solvers should have the ability and desire to co-create and innovate with Problem Owners or/and other partners to translate their ideas into solutions that can address real business needs.
Global solvers may apply for challenges on the OIP. However, from time to time, some Problem Owners may require applicants to have a physical presence in Singapore in order to perform a demonstration of the Proof-of-Concept or Prototype. Global applicants must be prepared to bear the additional cost of travel. Applicants are encouraged to check the respective challenges if there are such requirements before applying.
Technical details of the problem statements as well as information related to the innovation calls can be found on the IMDA Open Innovation Platform (OIP) which you will be redirected to after clicking on the 'Proceed To Details' button below and filling up a short form with your basic information.