The Open Innovation Platform (OIP), an initiative by the Info-Communications Media Development Authority of Singapore (IMDA), aims to connect real business challenges to problem solvers.
Value Consultancy (Singapore) Pte. Ltd. is an integrated Business Consultancy Company that provides companies in Singapore with professional services such as Accounting, Tax Services, Business Systems Advisiory, Corporate Risk Management and Corporate Secretarial Services. They are a local SME specialist with many years of experience providing proferssional services to startups and SMEs such as the landlord and the tenants of ORTO park (formerly Bottle Tree Park), Okeanos Trading Company, Alston Publishing House Pte. Ltd., Superluck Food Court Pte. Ltd. etc.
Corporate compliance and tax filing are yearly processes that businesses large and small need to undertake. Small businesses, especially new ones, struggle with these processes because they:
As a result, small businesses usually pay a substantial sum to have professional accountants complete these processes on their behalf when most of these processes are easily self-helped. Value Consultancy is looking for solutions to facilitate the process for small businesses to submit compliance information, so that it can serve its SME clients more productively and cost-effectively.
How might we develop an intelligent solution to facilitate the submission of relevant business compliance information, and recommend appropriate solutions for small businesses ?
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR
There are no restrictions on the geographic location of the problem solvers who may choose to apply to this challenge. However, the prototype needs to be demonstrated in Singapore.
POSSIBLE USE CASES
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
30% of the prize money will be awarded to each selected finalist at the start of the prototype development process, with the remainder 70% to be awarded during the prototype development process, based on milestones agreed between Value Consultancy and the solver.
Note that a finalist who is selected to undertake the prototype development process will be required to enter into an agreement with Value Consultancy that will include more detailed conditions pertaining to the prototype development.
We are open to global and Singapore-based individuals, research providers and companies that have digital technology expertise and innovation capabilities. Some of these include Info-Comm and Media (ICM) start-ups, SMEs and larger companies. Problem Solvers should have the ability and desire to co-create and innovate with Problem Owners or/and other partners to translate their ideas into solutions that can address real business needs.
Global solvers may apply for challenges on the OIP. However, from time to time, some Problem Owners may require applicants to have a physical presence in Singapore in order to perform a demonstration of the Proof-of-Concept or Prototype. Global applicants must be prepared to bear the additional cost of travel. Applicants are encouraged to check the respective challenges if there are such requirements before applying.
Technical details of the problem statements as well as information related to the innovation calls can be found on the IMDA Open Innovation Platform (OIP) which you will be redirected to after clicking on the 'Proceed To Details' button below and filling up a short form with your basic information.