Background / Description
As training companies to our clients, we have not been able to personalise our content to fit their learner profile, that is, to have an individualised learning pathway for each and every one of our clients’ company staff. An individualised pathway will accelerate their learning as the content is served to them in a way that they can assimilate better and quicker, and thereby reduce the training time.
We have seen many Learning Management Systems (LMSes) and Learning Content Management Systems (LCMSes) – their definition of learner customisation is largely to allow each user to customise the interface, the colour and outlook of the interface. Essentially, these are not able to meet our aim to have a customised learning pathway for each and every staff of our clients.
Currently, we are using Moodle as the LMS to serve content to our clients. The content can be delivered via a PC, a laptop or via mobile devices through the Moodle Apps (IOS and Android). Hence the proposed solution should be able to function in such platforms. In addition, it would be necessary that content can be downloaded when there is Internet access to be used in an offline situation.
It is very critical that we do not have another LMS that we have seen; but a solution that is able to know the learners and serve contents to them in a distinct, customised and adaptive manner.
Hence, we will evaluate the proposed solution via the following six criteria:
- The appropriateness of the solution to the problem.
- The functionality of the solution to operate in an online and offline mode, and on PC/Mac, Mobile devices (mobile phones and tablets), as well as under different Operating System (IOS, Windows, Ubuntu, Linux, Macintosh, Android 4.4 and above).
- The ability to prove that the system is able to learn about each learner’s preference to content and their learning style, and to continuously learn about the learners’ preferences so that it is optimized for every individual.
- The team and manager assigned to the project solution.
- Track record of the company.
- The infusion of pedagogical approaches and research vigour to authenticate the learning via the new approach (the individualized learner pathways).
- The solution must work in the online and offline modes.
- The solution must work on multiple platforms (IOS, Windows, Ubuntu, Linux, Macintosh, Android 4.4 and above).
- The solution must provide a customised learning path for each learner – and the pathway must not be hardcoded, or using an if-then-else, meaning we envisaged the solution to involve some form of Artificial Intelligence.
- The project must provide for research to measure this new approach of learning pathway vs. the conventional mode so as to determine if the system has indeed improved the learning quality and the shortening of the learning time (with at least no drop in the quality of learning).
Preferred Business Model
- Business Collaboration (Joint Venture, Distribution)
Make an Enquiry