There are a lot of problems, even at the level of your immediate surroundings, that can be solved or alleviated using software. However,
- The skills needed to build software are available only to a few, and
- Keeping up with the latest in software development and building a scalable, secure application is an even more specialised skill.
The first problem is being alleviated gradually as the number of people with programming skill is increasing. Businesses can now employ developers relatively cheaply to solve their problems, students can pick up software development and start building their own software, and entrepreneurs can find developers to build their products.
However, it is still difficult to engineer a quality product - most software is prone to security lapses, crash frequently, and load slowly. These problems are caused by bad architectural decisions at the development stage. These problems can be solved easily using open source technology, but these solutions are not easily consumable. In cases where they have been made easily consumable (such as by a mobile backend as a service, mBaaS), there are other tradeoffs you are forced to make - relinquishing control of your data, losing the ability to customise your solution, and so on.
Hence, there exists a need, among the developer community and among businesses/entrepreneurs employing developers, to have a high quality platform that abstracts out architectural problems, while still not forcing them into making any of the above tradeoffs.
Technology Features & Specifications
The technology is software platform ( Platform as a Service, PaaS + Backend as a Service, BaaS) that can be deployed on any cloud infrastructure (Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, DigitalOcean, Google Compute Engine (GCE), or even your own data center). The software itself is comprised of the following:
- An API layer that comprises two services: a) A database service built over PostgreSQL that offers instant JSON APIs over an SQL database (enter your schema and the APIs are autogenerated) and b) an Auth service that allows most popular authentication mechanisms (Facebook login, Google login, mobile number/OTP, etc) and row level permission setting/user roles. It also uses Nginx as an API gateway and Redis for distributed caching. The product roadmap involves enriching the service layer further (with, for example, a push notification service, email/SMS integrations, a realtime streaming service, a search service, a machine learning service, etc.)
- A platform layer that utilises Docker, Kubernetes and CoreOS that enables a) Microservice architecture out of the box, b) Immutable infrastructure - Migrate from/to any infrastructure provider without changing a single line of code c) Infrastructure management (scaling up/down as required, up to 100 nodes), d) System Administration (Backups, Monitoring, Logging, Alerts), e) End points for continuous integration (CI) that will work with your custom CI scripting, f) Continuous Deployment (CD) using a Git push to deploy workflow, g) Built-in security best practices and a free SSL certificate
- A unified UI for Dev, AppOps and DevOps
- Building web, mobile and IOT applications from scratch, speedily but without compromising on scalability, security and reliability.
- Rearchitecting web, mobile and IOT applications for scale
- Automating Dev Ops (CI/CD, SysAdmin) workflows for a developer team
- Modernising a legacy SQL system (using real time pipelines) and building modern applications (such as an e-commerce application, an analytics dashboard, etc.) fast.
Market Trends and Opportunities
Global total addressable market: 9.36 billion USD (3 million new apps in app stores, 36 million wordpress sites alone, not counting other websites).
Selling points of this technology are:
- Reduce time to deploy an app by up to 50%, because of the ready-made APIs, and start generating revenue faster.
- Reduce the need for developers by up to 80% (even doing away with the backend developer completely) - a front end developer becomes a full stack developer, and the backend always remains that of the highest standard.
- Reduce rework/unplanned work and security patches by up to 27%, because of Dev Ops automation
- Sacrifice nothing for this level of agility and scalability - open standards; completely customisable; you own your infrastructure/data; no lock in, even at the infrastructure level. Unlike other PaaS/BaaS solutions that force users into making trade-offs, we do not.
- Never worry about keeping up with the latest technology - the platform is continuously updated to ensure its components remain state of the art, while not forcing users to make any tradeoff.
- Enterprise grade architecture with a few clicks
- Reduce development time by upt o 50% (using the ready-made APIs), Dev project team size by up to 80% (because you do not need backend engineering/architects) and rework/unplanned work by 27% (thanks to the DevOps automation). [Source - internal benchmarks]
- Mobilise existing data to build state of the art applications
- Based on open standards and is completely customizable - zero lock in, as opposed to competitors in the BaaS space.
- Runs on your own infrastructure - so you do not surrender any control/data/visibility into the system, as opposed to competitors in the BaaS space.
- Immutable infrastructure - Migrate from/to any infrastructure provider without changing any code.
Make an Enquiry