Miniaturized sensors based on glass-coated magnetic microwires (Φ ~ 3-70 µm). Their size, high added value, robustness, multifunctionality, simple production, fast and contactless sensing leads to their utilization as miniaturized sensors with a wide range of applications in industry, IT and medicine.
Due to the specific magnetization process, our sensors are sensitive to temperature, stress, magnetic field and any other physical quantities (position, el. current, etc.). Physical principle behind our technology is completely different from classical magnetic sensors, they transform physical quantity into time measurement – easy to digitalize, no interference with voltage noise.
Dimensions – allow the introduction of microwires inside various materials and structures without affecting their mechanical properties
2. Glass-coating – enhances protection when used in a chemically aggressive environment
3. Magnetic nature – allows contactless sensing
4. Low power consumption
5. Simple measuring process– e.g. they can be connected to the mobile phone without additional electronics
6. Magnetic bistability – sensors are always in saturation. Hence the external magnetic field does not influence measurement.
7. Endless life – due to the magnetic bistability – when sensor breaks, two sensors are obtained (like with a magnet) that continue working
8. Multifunctionality – microwires can sense temperature, stress, humidity or defects
9. Temperature range – from -273 to 600°C
10. and much more
1. Objects identification - imperishable and uncopied uncopiable codes for spare parts or any IDs (like a barcode or RFID/chips, but better);
2. Structural health monitoring of composites and other materials – ideal for aviation or automotive;
providing predictive maintenance and save up costs.
3. Non-destructive testing of composites and other materials – for labs, aviation and automotive;
4. Stress-sensing in constructions and composites – new types of buildings, or long-term measuring of roads or railways;
5. Position sensing;
6. Sensing temperature, pressure, air flow, etc. in medicine In vivo, like a contactless measuring airflow mask, or smart titanium implants;
7. Hardware Random Number Generator
8. Particularly suitable for IoT, IoE, Industry 4.0 and SMART world;
All the above applications are validated, but we still seek opportunities in each sector. Please contact us.
1. Making materials smart;
2. Measurement and testing of materials/constructions that have not yet been possible;
3. Sensors last hundreds of years without degradation;
4. Easy digitalization and signal processing;
5. Simple applications;
6. High investment return for the customer;
7. Environmentally friendly;