This technology offer is an interactive floor piano that can be used as an interesting tool to teach music. It also doubles up as a healthy lifestyle exercise device. With its musical capabilities, the device adds fun and increases engagement during exercise. The device has the following features:
• Floor-based piano-like layout for musical interface
• Customized piano songs to suit any applications
• Tempo control to adjust the speed of the song being played
• Easy to assemble and set up
• Portable and space saving
This technology is available for licensing.
1. Ring Tone Text Transfer Language (RTTTL) platform that allows any piano musical chords and songs to be composed and programmed into the floor piano.
2. Original electronic circuit and printed circuit board design of the floor piano system.
3. Firmware program codes.
4. Android-based phone app control the interactive floor piano system.
5. Unique application design to configure piano keyboard to function as musical spectrum equalizer display in the “Music” mode.
6. Possible development whereby any piano songs can be composed and played back through a smartphone to the floor piano instead of pre-programmed into system.
- Multi-colour lighting display according to the frequency spectrum of music being played.
- 5 extended real drum set sounds
- 100 real musical instrument sounds
- 100 percussion instrument sounds
- 20 demonstration musical titles
- Built-in MP3 player allows songs to be stored in SD card and can be played in “Music Mode”
The interactive floor piano system can be used in the following areas:
Recent evidence suggests that music-based movement (MbM) therapy may be a promising intervention to improve gait and gait-related activities in Parkinson's disease (PD) patients, because it naturally combines cognitive movement strategies, cueing techniques, balance exercises and physical activity while focusing on the enjoyment of moving with music instead of the current mobility limitations of the patient.
Some possible applications include the following: