Optical sensor is the critical element in the development of optical point of need diagnostics. The technology provider has a growing library of optical sensors ranging from nanomaterials to colorimetric dyes without or with conjugation to biomolecules or linkers useful for further immobilizations into different substrates and various configurations. Scalable, cost-effective, and robust techniques for preparation of the optical sensors have been developed. The sensors toolkit and development process has been applied for applications regarding rapid diagnostic kits for food quality monitoring.
A range of chemical analytes from melamine adulterant in milk, mycotoxins in grains, quality indicator analytes in oils and fats have been successfully detected using our optical sensor solutions.
The technology offers a variety of optical sensors ranging from nanoparticles and colorimetric dyes. The optical sensors can be conjugated to antibodies and other biomolecules. The optical sensors can also be embedded or immobilized into different matrixes or substrates as well as various formats and configurations depending on the diagnostics applications and requirements.
This technology is applicable in point of need diagnostics ranging from:
1. Food quality monitoring such as detection of melamine in milk, screening mycotoxins in grains, monitoring of key quality indicator analytes in oils and fats
2. Clinical diagnosis such as urinary tract infection detection
3. Environmental monitoring in drinking water, waste and industrial waste water
Some of benefits offered are:
1. The optical sensors can be integrated into different substrates as well as a variety of formats or configurations.
2. The optical sensors can be customized and optimized to meet various detection requirements.
3. The preparation of optical sensor is scalable ensuring cost-effective production of sensors.