This technology works via a dual anti-microbial mechanism, combining a photosensitizer compound and an anti-microbial polypeptide. This active agent can provide long-lasting, anti-microbial and air purification effects. The photosensitizer is activated by natural light irradiation to produce reactive oxygen species (ROS) which can kill bacteria. The ROS can also degrade volatile organic compounds (e.g. formaldehyde) and unpleasant odours for fresher and cleaner indoor air.
The technology is currently formulated as an acrylic paint for concrete walls, a non-toxic disinfectant and anti-microbial textile. It can also be incorporated into other paint and coating formulations as a functional additive.
Technology Features & Specifications
- High efficacy and broad-spectrum, killing bacteria, fungi or mould (e.g. E. coli, Staphylococcus aureus, Candida albicans) in 1 hour with >99% efficacy
- Shown to provide inhibition of Enterovirus A71 with 90% efficacy in 15 min and 99% in 24 hours
- Shown to be able to degrade formaldehyde
- Active agent can be added as a functional additive into any cationic or neutral polymeric coating systems (e.g. polyurethane), both water and solvent-based
- Low dosage requirement of active agent (0.1-0.5 wt%) will not affect properties of the original coating formulation
- Paints and coatings for various substrates e.g. concrete, wallpaper, marble, fabrics, glass, metals, plastics, etc.
- Air filters
- Medical/healthcare products e.g. face masks, medical scrubs, protective clothing, bandage, etc.
- Textile products e.g. apparel, socks, bedding, etc.
- Water treatment solutions e.g. coating on membranes
- Safe, non-toxic, does not cause irritation to skin, eyes or mucous membranes
- No leaching of anti-microbial active agent
Make an Enquiry