This technology offer is a complete thermoelectric generator system, intended for use in self-powered IoT applications. The device can generate electricity even without an obvious source of heat, supplying hundreds of microwatts of power to IoT nodes by harvesting energy from time-varying temperature fluctuations in the environment.
At the heart of this harvester is a proprietary thermal storage material that converts time-varying temperature fluctuations into a spatial temperature gradient. The combination of the proprietary thermal storage material and TEG (thermoelectric generator) module converts even tiny ambient temperature changes (~2°C) into electricity. A proprietary high efficiency power management integrated circuit (PMIC) then harvests and regulates the electricity to usable levels.
The maximum output voltages can be set between 2V to 5V, and makes it an adaptive energy source for a wide range of electrical systems. Integrated output regulation prevents voltage overshoot, ensuring reliable operations with all common battery types.
Optimized for Indoor and Outdoor Applications
• Deliver up to 60uW in a rectangular “prism” package of 95mm x 45mm x 45mm indoors
• Deliver up to 400uW in a 300mm height x 200mm diameter package outdoors
• Customizable upon request depending on power and form factor requirements
• Active output monitoring to prevent voltage overshoot
• Splash-proof enclosure design with IP54
• ROHS 6 compliance
• 2-year warranty
Plug and Play System Integration
• Built-in connector with power rails to connect with IoT node systems
• Modular design with heat sink and electrical components optimized for energy harvesting
According to Markets and Markets, the thermoelectric generators market is projected to grow from an estimated USD 368.5 Million in 2017 to USD 715.8 Million by 2022, at a CAGR of 14.20% during the forecast period, 2017 to 2022.