This technology offer is an always-on artificial intelligence (AI) visual sensor that consumes less than 1 mW of power, and is suitable for use in next-generation, battery-operated smart camera systems. The design combines an ultralow-power image sensor with a custom computer vision application-specific integrated circuit (ASIC). It runs optimised machine-learning (ML) algorithms on the edge, without the need to stream images to the cloud. This allows for quicker response times and privacy protection.
Technology Features & Specifications
IoT System-on-Chip (SOC):
- Extremely efficient ML algorithm
- Human detection, face detection and recognition, people counting, etc.
- Efficient processing of low-resolution images
- Less than 2 MB memory footprint
- Less than 1mW always-on mode
- Cost/power efficiency
- Computer vision hardware accelerators
- Less than 1 mW always-on monitoring
- qVGA/VGA for IoT
- HD RGB/IR for Notebooks
- Security: AI enhancement of smart cameras
- Smart Home: Human sensors and smart motion detection
- Notebook: Always-on sensors of human face/presence
- Smart Buildings: Occupancy and people counting
- Consumer Appliances: Human presence
- Automotive: Access control and security
- Industrial: Computer vision sensors
- Elderly: Fall and imbalance detection
The system’s ultralow-power design, unique image processing pipeline and hardware accelerators allows battery-operated, AI image processing at the edge. As such, a wide range of design possibilities and applications are enabled.
Make an Enquiry