This technology offer is a self-powered MCU which harvests energy directly from the ambient environment to power itself, without the need for batteries. The MCU will handle most energy sources as multi-frequency RF bands supporting GSM and ISM, solar, piezoelectric, thermal and voltaic cells. It can be used to power sensors and devices for years, without having to think about maintenance – “deploy and forget”. The device is programmable, has a powerful RISC-V CPU and comes with analog and digital peripherals expected from a microcontroller.
Technology Features & Specifications
- RISC-V 16/32-bit architecture (RV32EMC).
- High code density with compressed instructions.
- 1.8V 24MHz, 1.0V 6MHz, 0.8V 1MHz.
- Asynchronous operation from ROM/RAM.
- Crystal-less BTLE transmitter.
- Programmable output power (-40 to 0dBm).
- PA supports operation down to 850mV - 0dBm.
- IEEE 802.15.4 UWB transmitter.
- 3.5 to 10GHz.
- Optional 433MHz MICS radio transmitter for medical devices.
- Industry Standard I2C, SPI and UART.
- Asynchronous AES module for encryption/hash generation.
- GPIO with asynchronous interrupt/wake up.
- Programmable current source.
- Biasing external sensors.
- 1KB of mask ROM (stdlib, math etc).
- 2KB RAM.
- 8/16/32KB ULP Flash.
- 100k Writes.
- Read supported down to 850mV.
Internal RF Rectifier:
- Multi frequency 800/900/1800/1900/2400MHz bands (ISM and GSM) supported.
- 40dBm sensitivity.
- Simple demodulator chain for RX.
- Range depending on frequency and duty cycle of energy bearer.
Internal Power Factory:
- Voltaic cells down to 400mV (DC)
- Solar, piezoelectric and thermal (1V8 to 3.6V)
- Operating voltage: 450mv - 1.8V.
- Operating frequency: Asynchronous to 24MHz.
- Operating temperature: -40 to 85°C (Industrial grade).
- ESD protection HBM > 2kV; latchup > 100mA.
- According to ISO 13485:2016 Quality Management System (QMS) for Medical Devices ensuring compliance with applicable standards and regulations such as IEC 60601 and FCC/ETSI.
As this self-powered MCU supports a wide range of power sources, it exponentially opens up the potential for new applications in areas such as IoT, heath-tech wearables and medical devices, livestock and building sensors, etc.
Having no battery means fewer components and a smaller design, which can easily be integrated into a wide range of solutions - be it fabrics, jewellery, watches, wearable medical devices, livestock or building sensors. More importantly, this makes for a cleaner, more eco-friendly solution.
Make an Enquiry