This Indoor Location System is equipped with the capability of locating any device which is Wi-Fi enabled, in an indoor space where the Wi-Fi infrastructure is already in place. This technology does not demand any additional cost in terms of Wi-Fi infrastructure and also the individual battery power of the client devices. The technology works by analysing the uplink transmissions that any WiFi-enabled mobile device makes to the neighbouring WiFi APs. It provides accuracies typically in the range of 6-8 meters, works with most products from popular WiFi vendors, and the location information refreshes every 10-20 seconds. Thus, unlike client-side indoor location systems that support only some mobile devices, our technology supports all the Wi-Fi enabled client devices irrespective of their make, model or OS.
The technology comprises of a WiFi fingerprint-based location system which has an initial phase of WiFi fingerprinting of the areas of interest (AOI), followed by the real-time location tracking. Our solution includes custom code to
(a) transform the layout of the indoor space into a set of landmark coordinates, and
(b) process incoming WiFi RF measurements in real-time to provide concurrent location updates for thousands of mobile clients.
Our solution provides:
(a) an accuracy of about 6 to 8 meters within the indoor spaces with a reasonable Wi-Fi infrastructure;
(b) a location refresh latency between 10sec-3mins, depending on the configuration of the WiFi infrastructure.
This technology may be used by the following market segments:
· To track any device for various applications
· To understand how space is being utilised
Other companies/ partners
· Those who are interested in licencing the technology for offices, hotels etc. to support location-aware applications
System integrations/Smart Nation vendors:
· To integrate real-time in-building visitor location tracking and awareness in public sector applications, across domains such as security, energy management and operations optimisation.
This technology may be used by the following mark segments:
· Venue partners/owners
· Other companies/partners
The benefits include:
· No additional cost on the infrastructure and on the individual mobile devices
· Supports all devices with Wi-Fi enabled
· Accuracy of 6 – 8 meters
· Able to locate all Wi-Fi enabled devices in the premise