Intellectual Property Knowledge and Resources
* Understanding basic IP concepts such as patents, copyright, trademarks and designs from IPOS.
Funding Schemes and Incentives
From SPRING Singapore
* Innovation & Capability Voucher (ICV) aims to encourage SMEs to take their first step towards capability upgrading in Innovation, Productivity, Human Resources Development and Financial Management. Valued at $5,000 each, the voucher can be redeemed for supported services at participating service providers.
* Startup SG Tech supports Proof-of-Concept (POC) and Proof-of-Value (POV) for commercialisation of innovative technologies. Companies may apply for POC or POV grants depending on the stage of development of the technology/concept.
From Economic Development Board (EDB)
* List of incentives and development schemes for business expansion available from EDB.
From Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore (IRAS)
* Productivity and Innovation Credit (PIC) provides tax benefits for investments by businesses in a broad range of activities along the innovation value chain, namely:
1. Acquisition or leasing of PIC Automation Equipment
2. Training of employees
3. Acquisition of Intellectual Property Rights
4. Registration of patents, trademarks, designs and plant varieties
5. Research and development activities; and
6. Investment in approved design projects.
Education and Training
* Look for a wide range of continuing education & training opportunities for IP professionals, businesses, IP creators and users from the IP Academy.
Time- and Cost-Efficient Dispute Resolution Options
* The Arbitration and Mediation Center of the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO Center) is a neutral, international and non-profit dispute resolution provider that offers time- and cost-efficient alternative dispute resolution (ADR) services to court litigation, such as mediation, arbitration and expert determination to enable parties to efficiently settle their disputes. The WIPO Center is particularly recognized for the administration of international intellectual property and technology disputes involving private parties.
* Learn about the ADR services that the WIPO Center provides to help parties prevent and resolve disputes arising in the area of research and development (R&D) and technology transfer.
* Referral to WIPO dispute resolution procedures is consensual and to facilitate party agreement the WIPO Center provides recommended contract clauses (for the submission of future disputes under a particular contract) and submission agreements (for existing disputes).