Dr Loke Wai Mun has accumulated substantive academic and industrial expertise in functional food/nutraceutical product R&D and validation. He has authored more than 30 scientific articles in international peer-review journals, and has involved in the design and development of numerous innovative functional food and nutraceutical products.
He held a lectureship and R&D position in Food Chemistry and Human Nutrition at Nanyang Polytechnic. In 2013, Wai Mun set up the Centre for Functional Food & Human Nutrition at Nanyang Polytechnic, and has since worked with many local food companies to validate and develop novel functional food products. As a convenor with the Singapore Standard Development Office, he created guidelines for the Singapore food industry to design and develop functional food products. In 2017, Dr Loke started Innovprof to bring forth his R&D capability to the functional food industry.
He obtained his PhD with distinction in Chemistry and Pharmacology at the University of Western Australia, and continued his postdoctoral training at the National University of Singapore.
Designed, conducted, and concluded a human intervention study to validate the potential antioxidant effects of plant sterols. The results were published in 2 international peer-reviewed journals:
1. Ho, X. L., Liu, J. J. H., & Loke, W. M. (2016). Plant sterol-enriched soy milk consumption modulates 5-lipoxygenase, 12-lipoxygenase, and myeloperoxidase activities in healthy adults - a randomized-controlled trial. Free Radical Research, 50(12), 1396-1407.
2. Ho, X. L., & Loke, W. M. (2017). Dietary Plant Sterols Supplementation Increases In Vivo Nitrite and Nitrate Production in Healthy Adults: A Randomized, Controlled Study. Journal of Food Science, 82(7), 1750-1756.
- Foods - Test & Verification/Clinical Trials
- Healthcare - Test & Verification/Clinical Trials, Product Design & Development, Prototype Build
Designed, conducted and concluded a clinic study to validate the health benefits of health supplements for a Singapore SME.
- Personal Care - Test & Verification/Clinical Trials
Designed and developed functional and nutraceutical food products for Singapore SMEs.
- Foods - Product Design & Development, Prototype Build