Yashna M. Harjani is currently the Founder and Director of VeVeva Nutrition Pte Ltd, a nutrition consultancy in Singapore. She works closely with the food and beverage industry in the Asia Middle East and North Africa region, to guide nutrition innovations from ideation to launch phase and beyond. She supports concept development; guides product design, claims and communication; chalks out research and communication road maps; and defines influencer and advocacy strategy. She is also collaborating with other food industry experts to roll out training programs, to support capability building in the nutrition food and beverage space.
With more than 25 years of experience with NGOs, the food industry and the consultancy world, Yashna brings to the table considerable experience. Prior to setting up her consultancy in Singapore, Yashna worked with PepsiCo for 14 years in Bangkok, Shanghai and Dubai. She led internal nutrition innovation, product design, product renovation strategy; defined claims & communication road maps; and drove research and external influencer strategy for Pepsico in Asia, Middle East and North Africa markets. Having lived and worked in different countries, Yashna thinks multi-country opportunities.
Yashna has worked with multiple big brands e.g. Pepsi, Lays, Quaker, Tropicana, Gatorade, Sunbites, Aquafina, Sting and Herbalife, supporting a wide portfolio of food and beverage products - carbonated beverages, snacks, grain-based foods especially oats, sports drinks, juices, dairy, soy milk and other soy products, energy drinks, weight loss supplements, tea, tuna, vitamin and herbal waters. She is especially passionate about plant-based nutrition and the power of beans.
- Defined the market opportunity for the product in Singapore and Malaysia
- Collaborated with a supplier in India to define nutrient profile of the product
- Conducted consumer testing, to identify the right product and flavours for the product
- Listed claims for label development; and developed a regulatory dossier for label artwork regulatory approval
- Determined shipping and import regulatory logistics, warehousing opportunity and e-commerce opportunity
- Have chalked out a communication road map, and defined the content calendar for social media posts
- Working with a multi-channel vendor to roll out the product in Singapore and Malaysia
- Foods - Product Design & Development